I'm here with something very different and exciting for you all today- a collaboration! This is my first ever collaboration and it is with the lovely Sarah, from Sarah Yellow Sunflower. So without further ado, over to you, Sarah!
Hi guys! My name is Sarah and I run my own beauty and fashion blog- The Yellow Sunflower (sarahyellowsunflower.blogspot.ie) and Emma and I have decided to do a collaboration together. Seeing as it's Spring now and nearly Summer, we decided to do something along those lines. I'm going to show you all how I've done my makeup today, which is a Shimmery Smokey Eye Makeup look. I'm going to do a step by step tutorial and show you the products I've used.
· I started off with my Elave Daily Skin Defense SPF45 moisturiser and after about 10 minutes I applied my GOSH Velvet Touch Primer. (TIP- Be careful not to apply too much primer- it can actually leave a residue on your skin and your foundation will end up sliding off your face. A pea sized amount of primer is enough for your entire face!)
· Next up was my foundation. Today I used my newest favourite foundation NARS Sheer Glow (my shade is 'Deauville') and I've been loving it for this time of year. It gives my skin a really nice glow, which is what I love this season. I've got so many compliments everytime I use it! I apply my foundation using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.
· After I've applied my foundation I apply some concealer/eye brightener under my eye area and at the side of my nose around the inner eye where I have darkness sometimes. Today I've used Shiseido's Sheer Eye Zone Corrector* (Shade 101).
· I start off by applying some clear brow gel to my brows to try and keep stray hairs in place! I'm using the Clear Brow Gel from Collection (formally Collection 2000).
· I then go in with an angled eye brush (MAC 266) and apply some matte brown eyeshadow to my brows to define and shape them a little more.
· First up is to apply some eyeshadow primer. I'm still using my much loved Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. I like to blend this across my eyelid using my fingertips.
· For this particular Shimmery Spring Smokey eye look, I have been using the Naked Palette, which I have for two and a half years now and it's still going strong! Haven't touched pan on any eyeshadow yet, favourite palette of all time!
- For this particular skimmery look I start off by applying Virgin all over my eyelids using my MAC 217 brush and bringing it up to my eyebrow as a highlight also. I like to dampen my eyeshadow brush and pack the colour to intensify the colour on the inner corner of my eye.
- Second up is to take the colour Buck and focus this is the crease, or the outer corner of my eye. I simply get some eyeshadow on my brush and work it back and forth into the crease.
- I then apply some more Buck colour in the crease but focus this a little higher up, to really softly darken the eyelook. I also (still using the MAC 217 brush) apply some to my lower lash line, on the outer edge, and bring it in to about the middle of my eye.
- The final step in to apply one more colour. I them dipped my eyeshadow brush in the colour Darkhorse, tipped off the excess and then applied a little of this smokey brown to the outer corner, just for some more definition and to intensify the smokeness even more. This colour is so brilliant! You can just use a little to make your eyelook even deeper and have more depth or use quite a lot for a night-time smokey look perhaps.
· I then applied some liquid eyeliner. I do love this one- Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Liner (001 Black) and I applied a thin natural line with a gentle flick, along my upper lash line.
· Before applying my mascara I applied some eyeliner to my waterline and tightline, just for that extra bit of definition. Today I used my Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner for this.
· Before applying my mascara, I curled my eyelashed using my eyelash curler from No7 and followed up with my current mascara from YSL, and it's the Babydoll Mascara* in Black.
· To finish off my makeup I like to apply some bronzer. Again I'm using my MAC 'Give Me Sun' to contour my cheekbones and for a bronzed glow, all over my face, using my Real Techniques Blush Brush.
· I then applied a small bit of blusher to my cheeks. At the minute I'm using a blusher from E.L.F in the shade Pink Passion. Again I like to use my Real Techniques Blush Brush to apply this.
· Finally to finish off I like to apply some of my MAC 'Hush' highlighter to the tops of my cheeks and down my nose.
It's as simple as that! I like to use a mixture of drugstore and high-end products and it is pretty easy to re-create. I would really recommend buying the Naked Palette if you can, or if not, try find some similar colours from a palette you already have. You can pick it up online at debenhams.ie , or in your nearest Debenhams or pharmacy that stocks Urban Decay. Tweet me a picture if you recreate this look and let me know how you get on!
Here are my details, I'd love if you came over to my blog and joined the community and followed my blog.
Blog- The Yellow Sunflower www.sarahyellowsunflower.blogspot.ie
Twitter- @SarahWhelehan (https://twitter.com/SarahWhelehan)